Surfing, Service, Sea Kayaking, Horseback Riding, Spanish, Rafting and more!
Nicoya Peninsula Trip Highlights
- Starry night skies on a beach front campsite
- Serene sea kayaking to gulf islands
- Surfing incredible waves with not a soul in sight
- Horseback riding on the beach
- Biking on an island
- White water rafting Class IV rapids on the fifth most wild and scenic river in the world, Rio Pacuare
- Local Costa Rican trip leaders and surf instructors
- Spanish classes, cultural immersion and home stay with a “Tico” (Costa Rican) family
- Outreach projects with local communities and conservation programs
- Other: good food, yoga on the beach, great people and lots of fun!
Nicoya Peninsula Trip Details
- Trip Length: 10 days and 18 days
- Ages: 13-16, boys and girls
- When: January or June-August
- Accommodations: Camping during adventure segment; home stay during language classes and two nights in hotel
- January Dates (10 days) = $2175 GREAT OPTION FOR NATIONALS AND RESIDENTS!!
- June-August Dates (18 days) = $3665
*Prices are for NON-Costa Rican residents and are subject to change. Airfare is not included. RESIDENTS AND NATIONALS - Contact us for your local prices.
NICOYA ADVENTURE ITINERARY WITH IMMERSION AND SERVICE
(18 days: JUNE-AUGUST ONLY)
- Day 1: Fly to San Jose, Costa Rica
- Day 2 – 3: Adventure segment begins – Explore the cape and its reserve at the tip of the Peninsula
- Day 4-6: Sea kayak the smooth seas around the islands of the gulf
- Day 7-9: Surf lessons and camping on the beach
- Day 10-11:Visit and bike around Isla Chira
- Day 12 – 16: Spanish classes, cultural immersion, home stay, and outreach
- Day 17: Whitewater rafting on the Pacuare River
- Day 18: Fly home
*This itinerary includes a community service and homestay segment.
PURE ADVENTURE IN NICOYA ITINERARY
(10 DAYS: JANUARY ONLY)
- Day 1: Fly to San José, Costa Rica
- Day 2 – 5: Adventure segment begins – Sea Kayaking in the Gulf of Nicoya
- Day 6 – 7: Surfing lessons and service projects
- Day 8 – 9: Horse packing trip, transfer back to San José
- Day 10: Fly home
A great option for local students during their vacations – sign up NOW!
Surf Safari – The Ultimate Surfing Adventure
Surf Safari Highlights
- Perfect peaks and beautiful beaches on the Pacific and Caribbean Coasts
- Secret spots – NO CROWDS in the line up!!
- White water rafting Class IV rapids on the wild and scenic Pacuare River
- Sea Turtle monitoring project
- Zip line the unique canopy of the dry tropical forest
- 2 trip leaders and professional surf instructors – bilingual and bicultural
- The ultimate trip to master your surfing skills!
- Good food, yoga on the beach, great people and lots of fun!