The Perfect Student Adventure (9 Days)
Expand your students’ cultural horizons and comfort zones on this service learning and adventure journey. Dive into the Tico culture for two full days while doing community service, home stay and interactions with a family cooperative. Absorb the rainforest energy while zipping through the trees on a canopy tour and rushing down white water rapids. Finish off and celebrate the good deeds done with a day at the beach exploring tropical sandy coves and the swaying of the Caribbean palms.
- Day 1 – Arrival in San Jose. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
- Day 2 – La Paz Waterfall Gardens, transfer to San Carlos for service learning/home stay intro and expereince. Home stay.
- Day 3 – Full day of community service. Home stay.
- Day 4 – Full day of community service, hike through community reserve and closing comunal festivity. Home stay.
- Day 5 – Travel to Sarapiqui followed by Canopy Tour. Sleep hotel in Sarapiqui.
- Day 6 – White water rafting and transfer to Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean Coast. Sleep hotel in Puerto Viejo.
- Day 7 – Coastal hike through the Gandoca-Manzanillo Reserve followed by beach time. Sleep hotel in Puerto Viejo.
- Day 8 – Visit a dynamic wildlife rescue center, sourvenir shopping and transfer to San Jose. Evening trip closure ceremony. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
- Day 9 – Fly home.
# of Days: 8 nights / 9 days
Regions visited: San Jose, Poas (Volcano), San Carlos (Northern Plains), Sarapiqui (Atlantic rainforest), and the Southern Caribbean Coast
Activities: Waterfall gardens, Canopy Tour, White water rafting, Coastal hike, Wildlife Rescue Center, Home stay, cultural immersion and community service.
Includes: All in-country transportation; all meals; all accommodations; all activities; service project coordination and materials; 1-3 trip leaders depending on the number of participants; teachers FOC depending on the number of students
Does not include: Airfare, tips or taxes
Request our Student Group Journeys ebrochure here for more details.