Trip Option 7.
AN ADRENALINE ADVENTURE
Keep your shoes tied for this active journey could knock your socks off. Begin with white water rafting on the infamous Pacuare River. Follow with an interactive coffee tour and highland mountain exploration before dropping to the coastal sierra to rappel off a waterfall and sleep in a cavern. Finish off with some fantastic surf lessons and you should be pretty puckered out by the time you head home.
Whitewater rafting, coffee tour, hike, rappel, cavern accommodations, and surf lessons
• All in–country transportation
• All meals
• All accommodations
• All activities
• 1–2 trip leaders
(depending on the number of participants)
• 1–2 teachers FOC (depending on the number of students)
• Teacher cash gift
DOES NOT INCLUDE
Airfare, tips, or taxes
- Itinerary can be shortened or lengthened according to your needs.
- Two rafting options: Savegre River (Class II-III recommended for middle school students or nonswimmers) or Pacuare River (Class III+ recommended for high school students).
- This itinerary layout is best for high school students. For middle school students, the itinerary would be run in reverse with rafting on the Savegre River to start.
- Maximum capacity for cavern accommodation is 30 people. Mattresses and sleeping bags included.
Arrival in San Jose. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
Whitewater rafting class III – IV rapids on the Pacuare River. Sleep hotel in Turrialba.
Morning coffee tour and transfer to the region of Dota. Sleep hotel in Dota.
Transfer to Tinamastes and hike to cavern. Afternoon rappel. Sleep in cavern.
Morning hike to waterfall and hike out. Transfer to Uvita Beach and afternoon surf lesson. Sleep hotel in Uvita beach.
Surf lessons and coastal hike. Sleep hotel in Uvita Beach.
Morning surf lessons and transfer to San Jose. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
Our itineraries are evaluated based on six criteria: Accommodations, Locations, Comfort zone levels, Trip Tasks, Adventure and Service. The six criteria are rated on three different levels as per the following chart.
Please note that there are short itineraries 5–6 days and long itineraries 8–10 days, all which can be shortened or lengthened to meet your educational and financial needs.